I'm the founder of a fun, fast-paced e-commerce startup looking for an entry level administrative assistant to help me with my professional and personal errands, research, planning and organization as we grow the company to the next stage.
I'm looking for a capable, self-starter with a positive, go-getting attitude and excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
We are currently four people, working remotely or in one of our pop-ups and in the next couple of months we'll be establishing our first Antwerp office and growing the team to 7 people.
There will be a lot of flexibility for you: you can work from home or from our office (although you may need to do some light travel within Belgium for some errands).
We're looking for a part-time position.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Scheduling meetings and managing my schedule
- Manage my emails, helping me to prioritize my inbox
- Managing projects and project timelines
- Arranging travel (domestic and international), conferences, etc.
- Writing and organizing documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Researching and summarizing topics for me
- Help with personal errands such as researching apartments, car leases, vacations, etc.
- Special projects as required
What I require from you:
- Very comfortable with basic computer skills including word processing, basic spreadsheets, email etiquette, using web apps like Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.
- Excellent communication and grammar
- Able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate a reputation for honesty, confidentiality, integrity and trustworthiness that you can back up through personal references
- A driving license and car is a bonus but is not required. If you do need to drive for any errands, we'll cover gas and wear and tear for your car.
- You are fluent in Dutch & in English
Who I'd like you to be:
- Well organized and good at following up
- Self-starting and pro-active
- Always have a positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Empathetic and kind
- Professional and discrete
Past experience in a PA (or similar) role is preferable but is not required. If you can show me that you've got the above attributes and skills, then you should apply!
What you'll get from me and the company:
- A respectful and passionate, entrepreneurial boss who cares about your personal development
- A budget to spend on learning anything you want, including paid time each week to do the learning (all employees at the company get this awesome perk)
- Be involved with a successful, revenue generating startup and be a part of its growth from the early days.
- A great team
- Flexibility to work from home or from the office
If you're interested in this position, here's what you need to do to apply.
Please email me:
- A video (less than 5 minutes) telling me why you'd be a great fit for the job and why you feel you have the above skills and attributes.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- A resume in Word or PDF format.
- If you have any questions, feel free to ask them
If it looks like we'd be a match, I'll arrange a Skype call or a coffee with you as a first interview where you'll be able to ask any questions you have about the role and I'll walk you through in more detail what the job will involve. If that goes well I'll ask you for at least three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the reference (i.e. previous employer, professor, etc), and if those check out, you'll have the job, starting as soon as you can!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for reading.